By Antony Currie NEW YORK, Aug 18 (Reuters Breakingviews) - That's if the carmaker, which filed for its IPO on Wednesday, is valued at the same earnings multiple as Ford. GM has advantages, such as far less debt. But operationally it still lags its rival. Until that changes, GM doesn't merit a valuation that would make Uncle Sam whole. A considered view will be published shortly. CONTEXT NEWS -- General Motors [GM.UL] has filed its S-1 with the Securities and Exchange Commission, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BREAKINGVIEWS-GM needs to double earnings to repay taxpayers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642