By Antony Currie NEW YORK, Oct 28 (Reuters Breakingviews) - Weeks before its share sale the carmaker is using cash and stock to erase $11 bln of liabilities. That bolsters the balance sheet and frees up $500 mln in interest payments. It also allows investors to focus less on GM's financial issues and more on its core business. A considered view will be published shortly. CONTEXT NEWS -- General Motors announced it is taking a series of actions to reduce financial leverage. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BREAKINGVIEWS-GM sprinkles IPO with deftly timed debt sweeteners" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.