By Rob Cox and Antony Currie NEW YORK, June 22 (Reuters Breakingviews) - The CEO is pressing full speed ahead on getting the government out of the carmaker. But GM, with its troubled European exposure and middling domestic performance, doesn't look ready for public consumption. Better to wait than risk a botched debut with a half-baked story. A considered view will be published shortly. CONTEXT NEWS -- Banks underwriting the initial public offering of General Motors [GM.UL] are ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BREAKINGVIEWS-There's no reason to rush a GM IPO out the door" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.