TOKYO, Feb 21 (Reuters) - Bridgestone Corp , Japan's largest tyre maker, reported a 161 percent rise in group net profit for 2002 on Friday, confirming a comeback from a tyre recall scandal that nearly destroyed its U.S. Firestone brand. Brisk exports helped Bridgestone post a consolidated net profit of 45.38 billion yen ($383.4 million) for the calendar year, or 51.97 yen per share, compared with the previous year's profit of 17.39 billion yen. Revenues rose 5.3 percent to 2.248 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Bridgestone 2002 profit up 161% on strong exports" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642