TOKYO, May 23 (Reuters) - Top Japanese tyre maker Bridgestone Corp. said on Tuesday it will invest about $81 million to build a carbon black plant in Mexico to meet expanding tyre output at its plants worldwide. Backed by health tyre demand, the Tokyo-based company has been shelling out billions of dollars to beef up its tyre manufacturing capacity globally as it aims to overtake French rival Michelin as the world's biggest tyre group. The new facility is scheduled to begin production of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Bridgestone to build carbon black plant in Mexico" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.