CHICAGO, April 28 (Reuters) - Bridgestone Firestone North American Tire LLC said on Friday it has notified the United Steelworkers that it may close a money-losing Oklahoma City tire plant by the end of 2006, trimming more than 1,400 jobs. No final decision has been made, but the U.S. tire industry faces intense competition from producers in lower-cost countries and it would be extremely difficult if not impossible to make the plant competitive, Bridgestone Firestone said. The plant ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Bridgestone Firestone may shut Oklahoma City plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642