TOKYO, Aug 25 (Reuters) - Top Japanese tyre maker Bridgestone Corp said on Wednesday the yen's current level does not hugely affect its earnings or long-term business strategy because it has diversified its operations around the world. "Foreign exchange rates at current levels do not do much harm to our earnings," President Shoshi Arakawa told a news conference. "I think it is not necessary to review our sales or production strategy for the long term if the dollar stays around 85 yen," he ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Bridgestone: little impact from current yen levels" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.