TOKYO, Sept 19 (Reuters) - Bridgestone Corp , Japan's biggest tyre maker, said on Friday that it had begun preparations to restart, probably over the weekend, production at a plant north of Tokyo that was shut down after a fire this month. Bridgestone's Tochigi plant, which accounts for 13 percent of its production, has been shut down since the fire on September 8. Setsuko Ozaki, a spokeswoman for Bridgestone, said the company began checking machinery at the factory to prepare for a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Bridgestone may restart plant hit by fire by Sunday" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642