TOKYO, Feb 21 (Reuters) - Bridgestone Corp said on Friday it would increase its capital expenditure to 190 billion yen ($1.6 billion) in 2003, focused mainly on its overseas plants, from 116.7 billion yen in the previous year. The firm, Japan's largest tyre maker, earlier announced a 161 percent rise in consolidated net profit to 45.38 billion yen in 2002 on the back of brisk exports. Bridgestone President Shigeo Watanabe said at a briefing on the tyre maker's 2002 results that the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Bridgestone raises '03 capex to 190 bln yen" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.