TOKYO, Sept 24 (Reuters) - Top Japanese tyre maker Bridgestone Corp said on Wednesday that a recent fire at one of its domestic plants would cut its group net profit for the year to December 2003 by two billion yen to 78 billion yen ($694.4 million). Full production at the fire-hit tyre plant in Tochigi prefecture, which accounts for 13 percent of its domestic production, will not resume until September 2004, the company said in a statement. ($1=112.31 Yen)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Bridgestone says fire to cut 2003 profit by Y2 bln" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.