TOKYO, June 25 (Reuters) - Bridgestone Corp , Japan's largest tyre maker, lifted its operating profit forecast for 2009 by 24 percent on Thursday, saying the yen is less strong than it expected. The upgraded outlook also reflects improved prospects for demand in Japan and Europe in the second half of the year, deeper-than-targeted cost cuts and falls in materials prices, a Bridgestone spokesman said. The company raised its full-year assumed rates for the dollar to 95 yen from 85 yen and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Bridgestone ups earnings outlook on yen, cost cuts" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.