TOKYO, Dec 22 (Reuters) - Bridgestone Corp , Japan's biggest tyre maker, will likely see its pretax profit sink 13 percent in the year to December 2004, hurt by the strong yen and higher basic materials costs, the Nihon Keizai Shimbun said. Bridgestone's pretax profit for the next business year is expected to be around 130 billion yen ($1.21 billion), the business daily said in its Saturday morning edition. Production cuts caused by a fire at one of its big Japanese plants are expected ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Bridgestone's 04 pretax profit seen down 13%-paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.