ROME, Dec 22 (Reuters) - Fiat could move production of its Panda model to the Pomigliano plant in Italy but it would cost "hundreds and hundreds of millions" more, Fiat CEO Sergio Marchionne told Italy's government and unions on Tuesday. Marchionne also said that restructuring the plant in the southern region of Campania would require extending temporary lay-offs, according to the text of his speech. (reporting by Giuseppe Fonte)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BRIEF-Fiat CEO on Pomigliano, Italy plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.