SHENZHEN, China, Feb 23 (Reuters) - China's BYD Co Ltd , backed by U.S. billionaire Warren Buffett, aims to sharply boost its car exports this year, banking on improving demand as the global economy recovers, an executive said on Tuesday. BYD, which makes both cars and batteries, is aiming to export 5-10 percent of the 800,000 vehicles it expects to produce this year, up sharply from last year when it exported about 2.2 percent of its 450,000 vehicles, said marketing department manager ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Buffett-backed BYD in major auto export push" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.