* "Cash for clunkers" $1 billion in funding exhausted * House passes additional funding but Senate yet to act * Some potential buyers left in limbo * Estimates show 250,000 cars sold under popular program By Andrew Stern CHICAGO, July 31 (Reuters) - Americans flocked to auto dealerships this month to take advantage of government rebates for gas-guzzling "clunkers" and promptly drained the program's $1 billion in funding, leaving some prospective buyers in limbo. "It was going to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Buyers overwhelm U.S. auto trade-in rebate program" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.