HONG KONG, Feb 18 (Reuters) - Chinese carmaker BYD Co Ltd , backed by U.S. billionaire Warren Buffett, said on Friday that it will cut the selling prices of five models by up to 15,000 yuan ($2,279), its first official price cut aimed at gaining market share. BYD cut prices on its five best-selling models -- the F0, F3, F3R, G3 and F6 -- by between 3,000 and 15,000 each, it said in a statement. The company reported a 15 percent decline in January sales, putting further pressure on its ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BYD says cuts car prices by up to 15,000 yuan each" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.