HONG KONG, Sept 29 (Reuters) - Shares of Chinese car and battery maker BYD Co Ltd opened higher on Wednesday, after local media reported U.S. billionaire investor Warren Buffett had discussed the possibility of raising his stake in the company. BYD shares rose 2.8 percent at the opening in Hong Kong, outpacing the broader Hang Seng Index's 0.93 percent rise. China Business News cited BYD sources as saying Buffett met on Tuesday night with BYD officials in a closed door meeting, at which ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BYD shares up on report of talks on Buffett stake" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.