HONG KONG, Sept 29 (Reuters) - Shares of Chinese rechargeable battery and automobile maker BYD nearly doubled on Monday after a unit of Warren Buffett's flagship company agreed to buy a 10 percent stake in the firm for $230 million. The stock was up 90.5 percent at HK$16.0 as trading resumed from a suspension in the morning. MidAmerican Energy Holdings, a unit of U.S. billionaire investor Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc. , and BYD will hold a joint news conference at 0800 GMT on Monday ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BYD shrs nearly doubled on stake sale to Buffett" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.