By Andrew Quinn SAN FRANCISCO, Oct 31 (Reuters) - Zap , a California maker of electric bikes and scooters, said on Thursday it had made a $10 million offer to buy Ford Motor Co's Think electric vehicle division, which the auto giant scrapped this year due to poor demand. "Zap's prime business is the high technology -- the electric vehicle transportation business -- that is our only business," Gary Starr, Zap's chairman, told Reuters. "There is demand for electric vehicles, but it ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Calif co bids for unplugged Ford electric car unit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.