By Bernie Woodall LOS ANGELES, April 26 (Reuters) - California said on Thursday it has filed a lawsuit against the U.S. Department of Energy for failing to uphold the state's stringent standards for water-efficient washing machines. The announcement of the suit, filed last week, comes a day after California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger threatened to sue the federal Environmental Protection Agency if it does not act soon on the state's request to impose stricter-than-federal automobile ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Calif. sues DOE on washing-machine water standards" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.