SAN FRANCISCO, Jan 26 (Reuters) - Unscrupulous dealers have been selling automobiles flooded in Hurricanes Katrina and Rita as far away as California, the state's insurance commissioner said on Thursday. John Garamendi warned that some dealers and salvage yards were selling cars water damaged in places such as New Orleans, which was hit by both hurricanes last year. The cars had been dried out and cosmetically cleaned for resale, he said. "We actually know of about just a handful at the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"California warns on hurricane-damaged cars for sale" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642