OTTAWA, Feb 27 (Reuters) - The purpose of Canada's stimulus package is to get money into the economy now, but the government has no plans to rescue specific industries except autos, Finance Minister Jim Flaherty said on Friday. "We don't plan to get into the business of subsidizing media," Flaherty said when asked if the government might give more help to publicly owned Canadian Broadcasting Corp or other media outlets such as Canwest Global Communications Corp . Asked whether he might ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Canada doesn't see any more targeted rescue plans" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.