TORONTO, Sept 25 (Reuters) - Another General Motors plant in Canada has shut its doors due to the strike at GM's U.S. operations, a spokesman for GM Canada said on Tuesday, and one more plant was up for review later in the day. On the second day of the U.S. strike, GM Canada closed its Car Plant 1, in Oshawa, Ontario, at 3 a.m. (0700 GMT) on Tuesday, said Stew Low, public relations director at GM Canada. The plant, which employs 3,000 workers, builds the Chevrolet Impala and Monte Carlo, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Canada layoffs continue on day 2 of U.S. GM strike" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642