May 30 (Reuters) - Canadian Tire Corp Ltd will close 115 under-performing and non-strategic corporate stores while its sporting goods chain, FGL Sports, plans to expand its footprint significantly. FGL Sports plans to add more than 100 new Sport Chek and Atmosphere stores over the next five years, the company said in a statement. Canadian Tire bought FGL, formerly Forzani Group Ltd, last year. (Reporting by Bhaswati Mukhopadhyay in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Canadian Tire to close 115 stores" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.