MONTREAL, May 29 (Reuters) - Manac, a division of Canam Manac Group Inc. , said on Thursday it will shut its Orangeville, Ontario, van plant for 25 weeks starting July 10, a move that will affect 235 jobs. The Quebec City area-based steel products maker blamed the temporary shutdown on "continued stringent economic circumstances prevailing in the North American semitrailer industry" and the major fluctuations of the Canadian dollar versus the U.S. currency. Production will be centralized ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Canam Manac to shut Ontario van plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.