Carlyle in exclusive talks on Daimler MTU buyout -source

Newswire

FRANKFURT, July 28 (Reuters) - U.S.-based private equity firm Carlyle Group is in exclusive talks with minority owners of DaimlerChrysler's MTU Friedrichshafen unit to buy the heavy diesel engine specialist, a source close to the matter said on Thursday. DaimlerChrysler controls roughly 88 percent of MTU Friedrichshafen and has said it wants to sell the unit. Germany's Maybach and Zeppelin families hold the remaining 12 percent and have a right of veto. Carlyle is negotiating with the ...

Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)

"Carlyle in exclusive talks on Daimler MTU buyout -source" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:

  All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
  Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
  •   Global sales and production data by country
  •   U.S. model-line inventory data
  •   Engine and equipment installation rates
  •   WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
  •   Product Cycle chart
  •   Interrelationships among major OEMs
  •   Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
   •  Historical data and much more!


For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Amber McLincha by email: amclincha@wardsauto.com or phone: (248) 799-2622
 

Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.

Already registered? here.

Sponsored Introduction Continue on to (or wait seconds) ×