CHICAGO, Sept 26 (Reuters) - Automobile retailer CarMax Inc. said on Monday that it expects little impact on earnings and sales from Hurricane Rita, with its four Houston stores largely unscathed by the storm. CarMax said the Houston-area stores likely will be closed for about a week in all, but it expects to recover nearly all of the lost sales over the next few months. It also does not expect a sales benefit from the storm, it said.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"CarMax sees little impact from Hurricane Rita" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.