By Michael Ellis DETROIT, May 25 (Reuters) - Heavy equipment maker Caterpillar Inc. has joined the bidding to buy General Motors Corp.'s locomotive unit but is facing stiff opposition from a Canadian union, a top union official said on Tuesday. The head of the Canadian Auto Workers union, which represents workers at the GM Electro-Motive plant in London, Ontario, said he opposed Caterpillar's interest because of its past labor problems. "Caterpillar is now in the running. We've ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Caterpillar in talks to buy GM unit-union official" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642