TORONTO, May 22 (Reuters) - Buzz Hargrove, president of the Canadian Auto Workers union said on Thursday he expects 300 job cuts at Ford Motor Co's Windsor, Ontario, engine plant due to the company's just-announced production cuts. "We'll lose a shift in our V8 engine plant in Windsor and, other than that, I don't see it having an impact anywhere else," Hargrove told Reuters. The Windsor plant assembles V8 engines for pickups and SUVs. Ford said on Thursday it would cut back on their ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"CAW expects 300 layoffs at Ford Windsor plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.