By Frank Pingue TORONTO, Aug 29 (Reuters) - The Canadian Auto Workers union has given a proposal to Ford Motor Co. that could keep an Ontario plant open and have a nearby facility built to supply cars to the automaker, the union's president said on Tuesday. According to CAW President Buzz Hargrove, the blueprint would have Ford Canada keep its St. Thomas, Ontario, plant open, while auto parts maker Magna International builds a facility close by and makes cars for Ford. Ford, which is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"CAW reveals plan to save jobs at Ford Canada plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642