MUMBAI, Jan 25 (Reuters) - Ceat Ltd , India's fourth largest tyre maker, reported a 79 percent fall in Oct-Dec profit hurt by soaring raw material costs, especially that of rubber, and expects the pressure to continue, a senior official said. "It has been a little difficult in the past three months to pass on the price increase," Anant Goenka, deputy managing director, told business news channel CNBC-TV18. Rubber prices make up over 40 percent of the cost of a tyre. In Oct-Dec, local ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ceat Oct-Dec net slumps; sees margin pressure ahead" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.