* President rolls out plan to produce cut-rate cars * Government created joint venture with Chinese carmaker * Venezuela has world's cheapest gasoline By Kevin Gray CARACAS, Sept 5 (Reuters) - Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez is making a new drive to put his socialist revolution on wheels. The fiery critic of capitalism is promoting a government-led joint venture with a Chinese automaker that he says will offer cheaper cars to Venezuelans and promote socialist principles on the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chavez touts new "socialist" cars for Venezuela" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.