SHANGHAI, July 29 (Reuters) - China's Ministry of Commerce has approved a plan by the parent of Geely Automobile to acquire Ford's Volvo unit, the official Xinhua news agency said on Thursday. The ministry approved the $1.8 billion deal on Monday, an official with the ministry's publicity department was quoted as saying. The acquisition is expected to be completed in the third quarter this year, Xinhua also quoted a Geely spokesman as saying, without identifying the executive who was ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"China approves Geely's plan to buy Volvo -Xinhua" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.