SHANGHAI, April 27 (Reuters) - China's top steel maker Baoshan Iron and Steel Co. Ltd. is expected to post a 25 percent jump in first-quarter earnings on strong prices, but 2005 profit may be dulled as raw material costs soar and steel prices ease. Baosteel, which vies with Mittal Steel Co. , Nippon Steel Corp. and POSCO to supply the world's biggest steel market, is having to grapple with a 71.5 percent surge in the cost of iron ore -- its key production input -- even as steel prices show ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"China Baosteel net seen up 25 pct in Q1, then slowing" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.