By Lucy Hornby BEIJING, Aug 26 (Reuters) - Tariffs against Chinese exports in a falling market might not fit a safeguard mechanism China agreed to when it joined the World Trade Organisation, Chinese trade sources said on Wednesday, in an indication of a new strategy to counter potential U.S. tariffs on Chinese-made tyres. The Obama administration is expected to soon decide whether to impose steep duties on imports of Chinese tyres, under provisions China agreed to when it joined the WTO ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"China mulls WTO move as U.S. tyre tariff ruling looms" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.