BEIJING, Dec 23 (Reuters) - China on Wednesday said that it will restrict bond and equity financing for firms in polluting sectors or industries already weighed down by overcapacity. The central bank, in a statement jointly made with the securities regulator and other state agencies, said that it would work to boost financial support for alternative energy, electric automobile and other sectors. (Reporting by Zhou Xin, Langi Chiang, Jason Subler and Simon Rabinovitch; editing by Ken Wills)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"China to restrict financing in cases of overcapacity" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.