By Doug Young and Fang Yan HONG KONG/SHANGHAI, Jan 28 (Reuters) - While South Korea's Hyundai Motor looks best placed to pick up U.S. sales from Toyota's massive safety recall, rival car makers may scent blood in the fast-growing Chinese and Indian markets. Hyundai's rising reputation for its quality cars, fuel efficiency and prices, is expected to see it win buyers from Toyota customers fretting over the world No.1 automaker's latest recall. [ID:nSGE60R06P] But in China, now the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"In China, rival carmakers may feed as Toyota lies wounded" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.