SHANGHAI, Feb 23 (Reuters) - SAIC Motor Corp said on Tuesday that it had won approval from the Chinese stock regulator to acquire a 1 percent stake in its Shanghai joint venture with General Motors [GM.UL]. SAIC said in a statement published in the official Shanghai Securities News that it had "recently received an approval notice from the China Securities Regulatory Commission" for the acquisition. ($1=6.83 yuan) (Reporting by Lu Jianxin and Farah Master; Editing by Jonathan Hopfner)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"China SAIC says cleared to buy stake in GM JV" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.