By Fang Yan SHANGHAI, Dec 26 (Reuters) - China announced measures on Tuesday to restrain the rapid expansion of its automobile industry, saying the sector could face a serious overcapacity problem if trends continued. "Signs of overcapacity have already appeared, and could worsen," the National Development and Reform Commission, the country's top economic planner, said in a statement. It added that improving the structure of the industry was an urgent task. China's auto market is the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"China says to curb excess growth of auto industry" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.