BEIJING, Nov 16 (Reuters) - China needs to build 1 million kilometres of new roads by 2020, when highway use will have more than doubled, the Xinhua news agency said on Friday, even though Beijing is concerned about energy security and rising pollution. Vice Minister of Communications Feng Zhenglin said the country needed to upgrade its network to prepare for the estimated 36.5 billion passenger trips that will be made on its roads by the end of next decade, Xinhua reported. China ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"China says needs extra million km of roads by 2020" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642