By Declan Conway OSLO, May 26 (Reuters) - Strong Chinese import demand for aluminium scrap will cap output for secondary aluminium makers in the United States, as producers tackle pressured profit margins amid rising scrap prices, a U.S. secondary smelter said on Monday. "A shortage of aluminium scrap is in large part due to the continued demand for exports to the Far East," Harvey Rosen, vice president at Alpert & Alpert told an international conference. "Scrap continues to be in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"China scrap demand squeezes U.S. aluminium producers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.