SHANGHAI, July 27 (Reuters) - China is expected to produce 2.5 million cars this year after a 5.2 percent climb in output in the first half, state media said, indicating a sharp slowing in production growth to 8 percent this year from 2004's 11.7 percent. Auto makers in China built 1.34 million sedans from January to June, the official Xinhua news agency said, citing the nation's top economic planner, the National Development and Reform Commission. That first-half rise differed from ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"China sees car output growth slowing in '05 -media" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.