* China offers discounts of more than 20 pct for ships * China shipyards struggle to survive through downturn * Japan, S.Korea offer better quality vessels By Randy Fabi SINGAPORE, May 31 (Reuters) - Chinese shipyards are offering to sell vessels at discounts of more than 20 percent as builders look to protect market share from higher quality Asian rivals and stay afloat amid a wave of consolidation, industry sources said. Rock bottom freight rates, slowing economic growth and an oversupply ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"China shipyards slash prices to survive-industry" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642