SHANGHAI, Aug 24 (Reuters) - The main Chinese partner of Japan's Toyota Motor Corp. posted a fall of 79 percent in second-quarter net profit on Tuesday, hit by sliding car prices and higher raw material costs. Tianjin FAW Xiali Automobile Ltd. , which makes Toyota's Vios sedan, said gross profit for the first nine months of 2004 would drop more than 50 percent, underscoring how Beijing's efforts to rein in breakaway economic growth are hurting the country's car market. Xiali, which also ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"China Toyota partner Q2 dives as price wars bite" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.