SHANGHAI, May 21 (Reuters) - Car production in China accelerated 83.4 percent on year to 166,900 in April, 10,000 more than in March despite an outbreak of the SARS virus, official figures showed on Wednesday. Output leapt 110 percent in the first four months of 2003 from a year ago to 565,400, the State Statistical Bureau said in a statement which did not give a breakdown of figures by manufacturer. "Car production was supported strongly by private car purchases," the bureau said. "Not ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"China's April car output jumps 83 pct despite SARS" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.