SHANGHAI, May 30 (Reuters) - Chongqing Changan Automobile Co , a China partner of Ford Motor , said on Friday it plans to assemble compact cars in Iran starting next year as it speeds up expansion overseas. Changan's compact Benni, which it developed in-house, will be assembled at a facility near Tehran beginning in the first half of 2009, targeting the local market, the Chinese company said in a statement. The facility, to be built by its partner Pars Industrial Development Foundation, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"China's Changan to assemble compact cars in Iran" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.