By Fang Yan SHANGHAI, Aug 18 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp has had preliminary talks with Hunan Changfeng Motor Co on a possible sale of its Hummer brand but the Chinese sport utility vehicle (SUV) maker has backed off, a source with direct knowledge of the matter said. GM, struggling against a downturn in the North American auto market and high oil prices, has explored a sale of its gas-gazzling SUV brand with potential buyers in Russia and India as well as in China, sources familiar ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"China's Changfeng had talks on GM's Hummer -source" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.