SHANGHAI, May 23 (Reuters) - China's Chery Automobile Co. said on Wednesday an earlier framework deal with DaimlerChrysler AG is still proceeding, denying a German paper report that the project had been halted. Chery, which reached an initial agreement last year with to build Chrysler-branded cars, wants to re-examine the deal, Handelsblatt said this week, citing a senior Chery executive. The decision, the paper said, came after DaimlerChrysler agreed last week to sell its money-losing ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"China's Chery say deal with Chrysler not halted" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.