BEIJING, March 30 (Reuters) - Zhejiang Geely Holding Group, China's biggest private car maker, said on Tuesday it will not produce Volvo brand cars, nor will Volvo make Geely brand cars, following Geely's planned purchase of Volvo from Ford . "Volvo comes from Northern Europe and is rooted in Sweden. Volvo will not be Volvo any more if taken out of the soil," Geely Chairman Li Shufu said, after returning from Sweden where his company agreed to pay $1.8 billion for Volvo. [ID:nLDE62R08N] ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"China's Geely to keep Volvo production under Volvo roof" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642