SHANGHAI, Feb 28 (Reuters) - SAIC Motor Corp. said on Wednesday it had no plans now for any overseas acquisitions, in response to a Hong Kong newspaper report that China's biggest car maker had begun talks with DaimlerChrysler AG about potentially buying its troubled Chrysler unit. "We have no plans for acquisitions at the moment," SAIC spokeswoman Zhu Xianjun said. Shares of SAIC's listed vehicle Shanghai Automotive Co. closed 9.4 percent higher on Wednesday, just below the 10 percent ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"China's SAIC says no plans now for overseas buys" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.